An introduction to Dextra Wireless Solutions
Luminaire controls provide a wide range of benefits to end users, improving energy consumption and return on investment as well providing improved flexibility and control with fault reporting, energy consumption monitoring and emergency testing. In retrofit applications where cabling can not accommodate the necessary BUS wiring the cost of installing such as system can be prohibitive.
Dextra wireless solutions now allow a full range of control options using wireless data transmission eliminating the need to install additional wiring that would be required for a traditional DALI installation.
With two levels of system available, either Eyenut or Easyair, the functionality of your system can be selected to best meet the needs of your application allowing a wide range of luminaire control with luminaires only requiring a live, earth and neutral wiring connection and no need to modify your cabling installation.
Dextra wireless solutions can be installed in a wide range of luminaires from our range, please discuss your needs with our sales team who will be happy to help find the correct controls solution and product type for your project.
Dextra Wireless Eyenut Solution
The Eyenut Wireless Solution provides maximum flexibility and control with a system that can be scaled to the largest of installations.
With a wireless module integral to each luminaire linked via a mesh network each luminaire is linked to a gateway which can support up to 500 devices with no limit to the number of gateways installed on any installation. This gateway connects to a cloud based server through which your luminaires can be configured and controlled with great flexibility including the following features:
"With a wireless module integral to each luminaire linked via a mesh network each luminaire is linked to a gateway which can support up to 500 devices with no limit to the number of gateways installed on any installation"
- Every luminaire, emergency luminaire and control device from wall switch to sensor is visible on the cloud as a configurable and controllable device.
- A graphical depiction of your floor plan allows each device to be selected and controlled.
- Each emergency device can be remotely tested and automatic tests configured and any failures automatically reported.
- Energy consumption can be monitored across your installation.
- The mains operation of luminaires is monitored and faults automatically reported allowing repairs and maintenance to be rapidly arranged.
- Features such as solar clock allow automatic dusk to dawn operation adjusted to daylight hours depending on your geographical location and time of year
- Complete flexibility of grouping and control of luminaires and devices allowing luminaires to be operated from any sensor or switch in the configuration required and can also be quickly and simply modified should the layout or use of an area change.
- Dedicated technical support to assist with operation of your system and to provide software updates on release.
Wireless Eyenut Controls
Allows occupancy as well as daylight and corridor linking functions to be easily applied to EyeNut enabled luminaires.
Eyenut Capactive Touch Wall Switch
The EyeNut capacitive touch wall switch allows control of EyeNut lighting installations from traditional wall switch locations.
Eyenut Battery Powered Switch
The EyeNut battery powered wall switch allows control of EyeNut lighting installations from traditional wall switch locations.
Wireless Eyenut Data Logging
The Dextra Wireless Eyenut system offers a wide range of data logging to allow you to maximise your energy savings and to ensure that your automated emergency tests are fully recorded eliminating the substantial administration costs associated with manual emergency testing and recording.
- Record all energy usage and savings made over previous lighting installations
- Record all emergency testing, both functional tests and annual duration tests as well as any test failures and rectifications
- Record sensor activations to log foot fall to allow you to optimise energy savings depending on area usage.
Dextra Wireless EasyAIR Solution
The Easyair Wireless Solution provides an integral sensor per luminaire with both infrared and wireless connectivity. The infrared system is used to commission luminaires using a mobile phone app to adjust sensor settings and to set groups of luminaires. When grouped together all luminaires within that group communicate via wireless to trigger and respond to daylight and motion simultaneously.
This solution is ideal for open plan offices where luminaires can be grouped to ensure adequate light levels above workers in areas that aren’t fully occupied or in corridors where the entire corridor can be fully lit from motion at a number of entrance points, the Easyair wireless system allows for flexible lighting control without the associated component and commissioning cost of a complete control system.
At Dextra we can support you throughout the choice of your wireless installation including product selection, site surveys, specification of the wireless system and components through to commissioning and afer sales support. Please ensure that all luminaires for use with Dextra wireless controls are specified with DALI control gear and emergency modules to ensure compatibility