We just wanted to say a MASSIVE thank-you to our local Gillingham community for the response to our post for materials to help us support local NHS Services & Care Homes at the Gillingham Practices (Barn & Peacemarsh).
The design of the visors has been amended a few times over the last few days, but by 5pm yesterday (8th April 2020), we were able to fulfill the request for 15 visors, which should allow for one per person for patient facing staff.
Dextra Group have also been able to provide clear plastic glasses, nose & mouth masks (in limited quantities) & nitrile gloves.
Hopefully the practice is now equipped with these items for a few weeks, but if they request anything else we will try to help out, subject to our own (currently limited) resources.
Our BIGGEST thanks go to;
• Claire Custard @ Gillingham School for providing us with acrylic on Wednesday, (we are now out of stock again, so hopefully we will be able to receive more next Tuesday)
• Bianca & Chris @ Tank Services, for supplying head bands manufactured on their 3D printer
• All the individuals who have supplied, Elastic in various widths & lengths
• All the individuals who have supplied Elastic bands, also in various widths & lengths
• Lloyds Bank, Gillingham High Street, who have donated 2 boxes of Elastic Bands from their stocks
• With apologies to anyone we have missed
It has been our pleasure providing a few materials to help the local NHS.
We are currently trying to provide enough visors to the Malt House Care home in Bay Road & Homestead Care Gillingham.
We are now reliant on Screwfix to deliver the next batch of hard hats on Parcelforce today, so fingers crossed all round.
Thank-you Gillingham once more, the support to allow us to do this has been truly inspiring.
Keep your distance & stay safe, help protect OUR NHS.
Here are images of the latest version supplied.