Dextra Group plc. is the largest privately owned lighting manufacturer in the UK. With over 40 years of experience, our commitment to total service and in continuous investment enables us to be at the cutting edge of luminaire development, whilst remaining competitive, efficient and client focused. The welding team acts as a service department to the Group, and an important link in the Metal Shop.
Main duties & responsibilities
- Welding, Grinding and Linnishing of fittings to a high standard to achieve the Quality of Surface finish as specified by the Company or as indicated by shift Charge Hand/Supervisor or Manager. Reworking of reject fittings to the above standards.
- Any other Welding requirements – i.e., Fabrication work etc.
- Other duties may include:
Operating of Metalworking Equipment – Both Automated and Manual.
- Equipment may include:
Punch Machines, Power Press/Brake Press, Fold Equipment Roll Form Equipment, Clinch Tooling, Riveting Equipment Crane/Hoist Equipment.
- Other duties may involve working on Powder Coating Paint Lines.
- Follow all Quality Control guidelines set by the Company.
Follow the requirements of the Company’s ISO Procedures.
Follow the Company’s Health and Safety Policy, work instructions & safe systems of work.
- Experience/Training of one or more of the following Welding Types – MIG/TIG or ARC in light gauge materials.
- Good Time Keeping and Attendance.
- Reliability, Flexibility.
- Self Motivation.
- Fit and healthy.
- The ability to take instruction from Charge Hand/Supervisor/Manager and ask when unsure of tasks undertaken or given.
- The ability to work in a tidy and organised manner.
- A good general Standard of Education as well as Common Sense.
- The ability to build and retain knowledge.
- The ability to work to a high level of accuracy when required. Carrying out Q.C. Checks when required.
- High work rate – Maximise productivity during any task undertaken.
Logistics Warehouse AdministratorLocation: Gillingham Dorset SP8 4PXHours: 8am to 5pm Monday - Friday
Specification Manager for South Wales, Herefordshire & WorcesterLocation: South Wales, Herefordshire & WorcesterHours: Core hours 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday, but to meet the requirements of the position
Assembly OperativeLocation: Gillingham, Dorset, SP8 4PXHours: 7am to 3pm Monday to Friday (Fixed Term, Fixed Shifts)
Logistics Warehouse OperativeLocation: Gillingham, Dorset, SP8 4PXHours: 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday
Paintline OperativeLocation: Gillingham, Dorset, SP8 4PXHours: Monday to Friday (Fixed Shift 2pm to 10pm)
Metal Shop Stores OperativeLocation: Gillingham, Dorset, SP8 4PXHours: Monday to Friday (fixed shift 6am to 2pm)
Specification Manager for West Midlands, Warwickshire & StaffordshireLocation: West Midlands, Warwickshire & StaffordshireHours: Core hours 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday, but to meet the requirements of the position
Accounts AssistantLocation: Gillingham, Dorset, SP8 4PXHours: 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday
Embedded Software EngineerLocation: Gillingham, Dorset, SP8 4PXHours: 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday, with flexibility to suit the needs of the business
SMT Production Line OperativeLocation: Gillingham, Dorset, SP8 4PXHours: 8.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday (Fixed Term to Permanent, Fixed shifts)