Dextra Group plc., require a Luminaire Designer to join their small product design team. You would be working office hours 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday. Dextra Group plc, remains the largest privately owned luminaire manufacturer in the UK by continuing to invest in it's machinery, facilities and staff.
Main duties & responsibilities
- To assist with the administration and preparation of all new product development including 3D modelling, 2D detailing, BOM creation, technical datasheet production.
- To liaise with Engineering Services to ensure efficient inter-departmental data exchange especially with respect to checking procedures to company standards.
- To liaise with Technical Services and other affected departments relating to Product Lifecycle Management.
- To ensure that all apects of manufacturing and assembly are considered in physical design work.
- To develop and produce prototype samples and consider the engineering possibilities.
- To work closely with the metal-shop enabling accurate ‘right first time’ metal fabrication. An understanding of both Salvagnini and Amada machine tools would be a distinct advantage.
- To assist in the development of specials and non-standard product.
- Follow the Quality Control guidelines set by the Company.
- Follow the requirements of the Company’s ISO Procedure.
- Follow the Company’s Health and Safety Policy, work instructions & safe systems of work
- Proven mechanical design experience.
- Computer Literate with a keen desire to expand your computer skills.
- Experience of 3D CAD (Solidworks preferred).
- Although primarily a mechanical design role, a good understanding of electrical / optical and thermal engineering would be an advantageous.
- Ability to build and retain knowledge.
- Able to work to a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work on multiple projects.
Assembly OperativeLocation: Gillingham, Dorset, SP8 4PXHours: 7am to 3pm Monday to Friday (Fixed Term, Fixed Shifts)
Logistics Warehouse OperativeLocation: Gillingham, Dorset, SP8 4PXHours: 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday
Engineering Services TechnicianLocation: Gillingham, Dorset, SP8 4PXHours: 8.30am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday
Paintline OperativeLocation: Gillingham, Dorset, SP8 4PXHours: Monday to Friday (Fixed Shift 2pm to 10pm)
Metal Shop Stores OperativeLocation: Gillingham, Dorset, SP8 4PXHours: Monday to Friday (fixed shift 6am to 2pm)
Specification Manager for Essex, Kent & HertsLocation: Essex, Kent & HertsHours: Core hours 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday, but to meet the requirements of the position
Accounts AssistantLocation: Gillingham, Dorset, SP8 4PXHours: 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday
Embedded Software EngineerLocation: Gillingham, Dorset, SP8 4PXHours: 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday, with flexibility to suit the needs of the business
Luminaire DesignerLocation: Gillingham, Dorset, SP8 4PXHours: 8.30am to 5.30pm
Project Co-Ordinator – Dextra Lighting LimitedLocation: Gillingham, Dorset, SP8 4PXHours: 8.30am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday