Logistics Warehouse Operative
The Logistics departments of Dextra Group plc. deals with all incoming raw materials into the Company, distribute to the various units around the site and dispatch all finished goods on our own fleet of lorries throughout the UK and EU. This position will predominately be based within the Dispatch Warehouse. You would be working a fixed shift from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. Dextra Group plc. remains the largest privately owned luminaire manufacturer in the UK by continuing to invest in it's machinery, facilities and staff.
Main duties & responsibilities
- To receive, check, and sign off suppliers deliveries.
- To define damages / discrepancies, photograph and report as necessary.
- Inspect and use MHE in a safe and proficient manner at all times.
- Check and suitability label received goods before storage.
- Store product in a suitable location & record all details on a GRN or stock transfer sheet.
- Adhere to correct stock rotation.
- Clear all vehicle beds, process pallets, shrink-wrap and rubbish.
- Check return goods against driver’s paperwork, note discrepancies, palletise product and process as per returns procedure.
- Operate shunting vehicles. Holders of appropriate licences. (B, C1 or C).
- Process finished goods into the dispatch department.
- Pick, pack, label and palletise goods for transportation via own transport or third party logistics.
- Safely load vehicles using the correct MHE supplied to the loading plan of the driver.
- Deal with customers collecting in a polite and professional manner.
- Adhere to Company quarantine systems.
- To deal with all aspects of re-cycling on the site including the use of the cardboard, shrink-wrap balers and compactors.
- To ensure workplace is kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Report any damages of MHE, infrastructure of facilities to a Supervisor.
- Follow the Quality Control guidelines set out by the Company.
- Follow the requirements of the Company’s ISO Procedure.
- Follow the Company’s Health and Safety Policy, work instructions and safe systems of work.
- Physically fit and Healthy.
- Must have a good understanding of warehouse operations.
- Level 2 Numerate & Literate or equivalent.
- Computer literacy an advantage.
- To be highly motivated, to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- To hold MHE Licences Counterbalance B1 and Reach and IPAF an advantage.
- Driving licence holders of B, C1 or C an advantage.
- To work in a methodical and tidy manner.
- To be able to understand and follow instructions from a supervisor.
Assembly OperativeLocation: Gillingham, Dorset, SP8 4PXHours: 7am to 3pm Monday to Friday (Fixed Term, Fixed Shifts)
Logistics Warehouse OperativeLocation: Gillingham, Dorset, SP8 4PXHours: 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday
Engineering Services TechnicianLocation: Gillingham, Dorset, SP8 4PXHours: 8.30am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday
Paintline OperativeLocation: Gillingham, Dorset, SP8 4PXHours: Monday to Friday (Fixed Shift 2pm to 10pm)
Metal Shop Stores OperativeLocation: Gillingham, Dorset, SP8 4PXHours: Monday to Friday (fixed shift 6am to 2pm)
Specification Manager for Essex, Kent & HertsLocation: Essex, Kent & HertsHours: Core hours 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday, but to meet the requirements of the position
Accounts AssistantLocation: Gillingham, Dorset, SP8 4PXHours: 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday
Embedded Software EngineerLocation: Gillingham, Dorset, SP8 4PXHours: 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday, with flexibility to suit the needs of the business
Luminaire DesignerLocation: Gillingham, Dorset, SP8 4PXHours: 8.30am to 5.30pm
Project Co-Ordinator – Dextra Lighting LimitedLocation: Gillingham, Dorset, SP8 4PXHours: 8.30am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday