The Maintenance Department acts as a service department to the Group Production Departments, aiming to ensure all machinery and equipment is properly maintained and restored to use as soon as possible in the event of a breakdown.
Main duties & responsibilities
- To understand the function & operation of production & service machinery within Dextra Services Limited.
- To have a knowledge of hydraulic, electrical & PLC systems.
- Make routine inspections of equipment.
- To fault find, repair & ensure smooth running of machinery.
- To maintain & service machinery & their associated tooling.
- To learn basic functions of programming of machines.
- To have knowledge of Microsoft Windows based programs, for updating spare parts inventories.
- Have an ability to fabricate components, jigs & fixtures to aid the manufacturing & assembly departments.
- Assist where appropriate with the installation or relocation of equipment & install services for machinery where required.
- Cover maintenance work in other departments that may arise from time to time.
- Follow all Quality Control guidelines set by the Company.
- Follow the requirements of the Company’s ISO Procedure.
- Follow the Company’s Health and Safety Policy, work instructions & safe systems of work.
- Background in maintenance/engineering environment.
- Good communication skills
- Background in mechanical / electrical / PLC / CNC controlled machinery preferred.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to work under own initiative or as part of a team.
- Computer Literate
- Maintain a tidy work environment
- Flexible (to cover holidays, sick etc., on other shifts)
Maintenance EngineerLocation: Gillingham, Dorset, SP8 4PXHours: 6am to 2pm Monday to Friday
Lighting Design EngineerLocation: Gillingham, Dorset, SP8 4PXHours: 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday
Specification Manager – Dexeco LimitedLocation: South of England (Home counties base preferred)Hours: 8.30am to 5.30pm, but to meet the needs of the position